DELICATE TOXINS Edited by John Hirschhorn-Smith. Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK; Side Real Press; 2011. 1st edition hardcover.
Edited by John Hirschhorn-Smith this is an anthology of all new tales taking the life, work and cultural milieu of Hanns Heinz Ewers as their inspiration.
The contents are:
• Introduction - John Hirschhorn-Smith,
• 'A Pallid Devil Bearing Cypress' - Richard Gavin,
• 'Salmacis' - Stephen J. Clark,
• 'Crossing The Sea Of Night' - Mark Howard Jones,
• 'Mathilde' - Ray Russell,
• 'Dogs' - rj krijnen-kemp,
• 'Tlaloc' - Angela Caperton,
• 'Magicians And Moonlight' - Katherine Haynes,
• 'Lotte Of The Black Piglet' - Colin Insole,
• 'The Unrest At Aachen' - Mark Valentine,
• 'The Naked Goddess' - Daniel Mills,
• 'Singing Blood' - Reggie Oliver,
• 'The Devil In The Box' - Orrin Grey,
• 'The Rites of Pentecost' - Peter Bell,
• 'Endor' - Michael Chislett,
• 'Masks' - Mark Samuels,
• 'White Roses, Bloody Silk' - Thana Niveau,
• 'The Filature' - Adam S. Cantwell,
• 'Holzwege' - D. P. Watt.
'Delicate Toxins' stands in its own right as a collection of writings by some of the most interesting authors in the field of 'strange stories' but is also complementary to Side Real Press' ongoing programme of Ewers re-issues.
LIMITED to 350 numbered copies.
Printed in black with red titles and initial letters throughout.
The cover is printed in three colours directly onto the book cloth and is uniform in design with Side Real Press' previous volumes 'Nachtmahr' and 'Alraune'.
Fine in printed boards without dj as issued.