THE DARK MAN: AN ILLUSTRATED POEM by Stephen King, illustrated by Glenn Chadbourne. Forest Hill, MD; CD Publications; 2013. One of 5000SLIPCASED Trade Hardcovers Shrink-Wrapped With Collectible Bookmark .
Author: Stephen King.
Artist: Glenn Chadbourne.
Page Count: 88.
Pub. Date: July 30, 2013.
ISBN:978-1-58767-425-9 (Slipcased Trade Hardcover).
"Randall Flagg came to me when I wrote a poem called 'The Dark Man' when I was a junior or senior in college. It came to me out of nowhere, this guy in cowboy boots who moved around on the roads, mostly hitchhiking at night, always wore jeans and a denim jacket. I wrote the poem in the college restaurant on the back of a placemat, but that guy never left my mind."
— Stephen King.
About the Book:
Stephen King first wrote about the Dark Man in college after he envisioned a faceless man in cowboy boots and jeans and a denim jacket forever walking the roads. Later this dark man would come to be known around the world as one of King's greatest villains, Randall Flagg, but at the time King only had simple questions on his mind: Where was this man going? What had he seen and done? What terrible things...?
i have ridden rails...
More than forty years after Stephen King first wrote his breathtaking poem "The Dark Man," Glenn Chadbourne set out to answer those questions in this World's First Edition hardcover featuring more than 70 full-page illustrations from the talented artist behind The Secretary of Dreams.
i have slept in glaring swamps...
This Cemetery Dance Publications hardcover is a true marriage of words and art, with Chadbourne pulling the images from King's imagination and illustrating them in magnificent detail. This incredible blending of King's words with Chadbourne's art creates a unique page turning experience you can return to again and again, always finding new details hidden in every illustration. You'll discover hidden layers and mysterious secrets for years to come.
i am a dark man...
So who is the Dark Man and why is he traveling the country? The answers are terrifying....
Key Details About Our World's First Edition:
• printed in a very limited and collectible print run — a tiny fraction of what a New York publisher normally prints for a new release.
• heavily illustrated — a story told through the blending of King's words and the artwork.
• the only trade hardcover edition planned at this time in any market.
• beautifully designed with both the collector and general reader in mind.
• the first 5,000 copies of World's First Edition, First Printing trade hardcover will be given the deluxe treatment: shrink-wrapped with a different dust jacket, a custom-made slipcase, and a collectible Glenn Chadbourne bookmark featuring a Dark Man drawing that doesn't appear in the book.
Fine in fine dj & slipcase. Still sealed in original publishers shrinkwrap.